confession of faith
Accepting the Bible and the Apostolic Creed:
1. We believe in one God, eternally existing and manifest as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator and Lord of all.
2. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, born of the Virgin Mary, in His perfect humanity, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His personal triumphant return.
3. We believe in the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the dead, and a future state determined by divine judgment.
4. We believe in the divine inspiration and the infallibility of the Bible as the Word of God and the only trustworthy guide of faith and life.
5. We believe a Christian is one saved by grace, whose life is transformed into the likeness of Christ by His atoning death and the power of His resurrection.
6. We believe that Christ lived and taught the way of life as recorded in the Scriptures, which is God's plan for individuals and the race; and that it becomes disciples of Christ to live in this way, thus manifesting in their personal and social life and relationship the love and holiness of God. And we believe that this way of life also implies nonresistance to evil by carnal means, the fullest exercise of love, and the resolute abandonment of the use of violence, including warfare. We believe further that the Christian life will of necessity. express itself in nonconformity to the world in life and conduct.
7. We believe in the divine power of prayer. Through prayer we fellowship with God and desire to be in His will.
8. We believe that a Christian should avoid swearing of oaths, rather being constantly honest.
9. We believe that the Christian Church consists of believers who have repented from their sins, have accepted Christ by faith and are born again, and sincerely endeavor by the grace of God to live a Christian life.
10. We believe in the brotherhood of the redeemed under the fatherhood of God in Christ.